This workshop will provide students with the tools they need in order to perform any monologue or musical theatre piece. It is perfect for students looking to prepare material to have on-hand for future auditions, or for students simply looking to sharpen their singing and acting skills!
- First, choose above which workshop you would like to book: Musical Theatre or Monologue.
- Once booked, Sarah will reach out to learn more about the student. She will choose the musical theatre song or monologue that they will work on. This will be sent to the student in advance of the first lesson.
- What happens in each session based on your choice:
- Musical Theatre Workshop: In the first session, the student will learn the piece, working on melodies, rhythms, style, and vocal quality. During the second session, they will work on the acting and performance of the piece.
- Monologue Workshop: In the first session, the student will work on the basics of script work, character work, analyzing a monologue, and begin to work on acting choices. During the second session, they will work on honing the overall performance of the piece.
- Remember to book two sessions through this page – you will need to add two booking dates to your cart before checking out.
- Sarah recommends that the two sessions be booked about a week apart, in order to give the student time to work on the piece independently before the second session.
All workshops are currently being held online. Skype details will be provided beforehand.